Forum Discussion

kgilliamjr
New Contributor
6 years ago

Rescue + Mobile for Android Crashes on Samsung Tab A with Android 8.1 (Oreo)

Chrome is set as default browser

All apps are up to date

Google Account is signed in and all play services updates are applied

Install Rescue + Mobile for Android

Launch Rescue + Mobile for Android

Agree to Samsung Knox Terms and Conditions

Activate Device Administration privelages for Rescue + Mobile for Android

Open Rescue + Mobile for Android

Enter 6 digit PIN (Generated by Rescue Technician with Mobile License from Desktop Console)

Rescue + Mobile for Android then opens, displays connecting Notification and Chat then Waiting for Technician Notification and Chat then a message that Rescue + Mobile for Android has stopped.

System Maintenance app shows that it was a Forced Stop.

I have tried many different combinations of Android Security settings, including disabling Secure Folder, but could not find any device settings that affected the crash.

I suspect this is an issue that LogMeIn must fix in the app.

• Hello again!

The possible fix is available on Live, the new Android applet version is 7.11.8.
    Please feel free to try it and give us a feedback whether it solves the issue.

Regards,
    Sandor

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

kgilliamjr  Sorry for the troubles getting your Rescue mobile app running.

Since the issues began have you tried a full reinstall of the mobile app itself?  If so, have you tried resetting the phone back to it's original factory settings?

kgilliamjr
      New Contributor

We have Uninstalled, Reinstalled, Cleared Cache, Factory Reset, Enabling Secure Folder, Manually Activating Device Admin for the App and about every accessible security setting on the tablet. Each time it is the same result...Launch App from Tablet > Enter PIN generated Tech Desktop Console > Connecting > Waiting For Technician > Brief display of who the Technician is > Unfortunately Rescue Has Stopped.

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

kgilliamjr  We continue to investigate this problem, and I will update the thread as more info becomes available.