Forum Discussion

dljfiiid
New Contributor
3 years ago

How much personal information infringement is the webinar program?

Hi.
I'm a student taking classes in Korea.
I'm using a webinar program.
The professor said that not only do they access the students' login time at the same time,
They threatened to know the sound status of the student's device (whether it was muted or turned down the sound) and whether they were connected to other programs (chrome, etc.).
I remember never agreeing to collect such information when I installed this program, and I wonder if that professor's words are to scare us or to be true.

P.S. Can't we just remove that dumb notification before we start?

• dljfiiid  GoToWebinar only has the ability to notice if you have the program in the foreground, and cannot report on any specific background process or volume levels. 

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

dljfiiid  GoToWebinar only has the ability to notice if you have the program in the foreground, and cannot report on any specific background process or volume levels. 

dljfiiid
      New Contributor

thank you for the kind, fast reponse.

But I'm still curious about 'the ability to notice if you have the program in the foreground'.

Can you explain more specificially for me?

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

The GoTo software  recognizes when it is not 'active' because the local application manager will stop sending mouse and keyboard inputs to it.  Unfortunately this doesn't work as well for mobile devices yet.