Forum Discussion

JGinnJr
Active Contributor
7 years ago

LogMein Pro Crashes using OSX Mojave

I fully installed OSX Mojave on my 2018 iMac.  I have three screens setup.  I use two of the Screens for LogMein.  If I click anything on the third screen, I get kicked out of LogMein.  I uninstalled and reinstalled LogMein and the same thing happens.  When will you push out a patch for this issue as the Beta is now over.

• Hi guys,

I am experiencing the exact same issue. I found a good workaround that really works !!!!

Just uncheck the "Grey Scale when inactive" box option in "Options -> Color Quality -Advanced".

It will then never crash anymore

• Client issues are rendering my use of LogMeIn impossible.  I have no clue what the problem is.  Everything works until I click away from the client app or switch desktop spaces.  Here is my Problem Report screenshot.

edhans
    Active Contributor

Same here. When I logged in it actually did an update, but that didn't help.

It crashed 3-4 times before I could establish a connection, but once I finally did, I could never switch to another app. Everytime I did, Logmein crashed and I had to start over.

It is a shame Apple didn't provide a beta of Mojave to developers to test with so they could have their apps ready to go at launch date. :smileysad:

zoid
      Active Contributor
      I am glad that I am running Desktop Parallels as my VM as I can run the Windows 10 version of LogMeIn on it. However, for the money we pay this should be on someone’s priority list. I am calling them on Monday to have them reduce my subscription charges for being inconvenienced why should we give them money for a failing product.
    timdotexe
    New Contributor

As painful as this is I am using a workaround for now. If you minimise the LMI session before switching applications on your mac then it doesn't crash.

JGinnJr
        Active Contributor

Spoke with  a tech via email last night and shared to just use the web browser instead of the APP until they come up with an update to fix the issue.  Did not have a chance to try this last night.  Someone let me know if this works as a temporary fix.  

JGinnJr
      Active Contributor
      Let me try this tonight when I arrive at my home office. I will chime in and confirm this quick fix is at least a band-aide for now.
  • Same issue here. You can't blame this on a new release because the issue has been there since day one of the beta. Unacceptable that we pay so much for this service and get this. Will be looking elsewhere when contract is up. We rely on remote access BIG TIME. Having to run a work around with Parralles running Windows 10 and the Windows version of logmein pro.

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

macatak911 JGinnJr ericj dan22 gobser  I apolgize for the difficulty.  This issue has been identified, and a fix is underway.  We will update the community with more information as it becomes available.

rneigher

I can't control my remote computer either - AND it crashes afyer a minute or two . . 

zoid
      Active Contributor

I too have the same issue as soon as I move anything on the screen other than LogMeIn Crashes and does not give an error report.

• I just upgraded to Mojave on two Macs and have this same problem on both of them. Has anyone found a workaround?
      gobser
      New Contributor

Same here ... logmein crash always and always ... sometimes it works 1 or 2 minutes and crash again and again ... in MOJAVE. 

So much time to prepare a good version for the final release ... and nothing works ...

Logme IN PRO (PRO ?)

• I have this issue as well, It doesn't matter what else I click on, If I have a screensharing session open - Logmein crashes.  When will there be a fix as we use Logmein everyday and we also must use latest versions as we a re a Mac Support Provider?