Forum Discussion

hammer185
New Contributor
6 years ago

Incorrectly stated yet profoundly arrogant denial of false location data & LogMeIn blocking logins?

Am I the only one who has tried nicely to let LogMeIn know that they are erroneously reporting and taking action on location data to block logins and even potentially lie about where logins are taking place from if emails are being audited for security for potentially legitimate reasons.  My own interactions with them about this issue have found them to be amazingly arrogant as if their location data could not be incorrect when it often certainly was and is.

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi hammer185 ,

I apologize for the frustrations.

Could you give me a little more background as to what this is all about?  Was it pertaining to the RBA protection setup this year?

hammer185
      New Contributor

It has to do with the repeated emails and support incidents I opened to let LogMeIn be made aware that their location data they were taking action on was wrong and therefore if they did not fix it there would be recourse taken.  I suggested very plainly they instead inform customers that the location data reported such and such location and they were using these sources for location data.  Rather than doing that they denied they had a problem and continued to make false claims regarding where people were logging in from.  I expect you already know that but maybe not.  Why are you claiming it might just have to do with something allegedly fixed which was not?  Do you have a vested interest in derailing and demeaning what I am bringing up are are you legitimately concerned and able to assist me.  At this point it's pretty likely insurance companies and lawyers may have to get involved.  I hope not.

hammer185
        New Contributor

Here is my exact quote from case #08768023.  Had anything been done to fix the problems I would not be bringing it up now but since false information was again sent today see below...

"We need to see if there is anything we can do about fixing your very inaccurate location database. Is this something you need help with? Just this last Sunday I was sitting in church with one of my emloyees who are forced to authenticate as if they were not in a familiar location and as it turns out your system thought they were in Silver Springs, Nevada. Do you have anyone technically competent enough to look at a map and figure out how far Yreka, CA is from Silver Springs, NV and start to make your service a little better without you committing what will end up being perjury in court if you do not admit your geolocation service stinks. I hate to point out the obvious but when a judge and jury looks at this and is asked if Yreka, CA is Silver Springs, NV you are pretty much hosed. It might be time to pull your head out of the sand. "